Questions & Answers
- We are not a bootcamp, but we offer the same value, at a much lower cost. We offer flexibility in where and when you take our courses, and also provide a virtual classroom experience through interactive course contents and assessments, as well as course-specific chat-rooms where you get to interact, and get help from students and instructors.
- This is no problem, our courses have helped people like you transition to a tech career. Our courses are typically categorized into 3 skill levels: Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced. You should start out by filtering for the Learning path that you are interested in (e.g. Fullstack Engineer), and then filter for Beginner courses in that path. You will get a few entry-level courses that are a good starting point to building the necessary foundational knowledge. You can also reach out to us at [email protected], we will be happy to chat with you and find something even more tailored to your specific situation.
- Once you pay for a course, it is in your course dashboard, and you can start anytime. This flexibility allows you to tailor your learning schedule to accommodate whatever else you have going on.
- A laptop with a browser installed, and good connection to the internet is all you need. You don't even have to have programming software installed, because we integrate the relevant software development environments right in our course lessons. This way, you don't have to waste time setting things up... you can just get straight to mastering your skills.
- Every course is different, and some will naturally require more time than others (we provide estimates on each course landing page). However, due to the self-paced nature of the courses, you can spend more or less time than our estimates in completing each course. We recommend committing about 4 hours a day to learning, this way you keep your momentum going, and ultimately finish faster.
- We have support integrated with each learning task. You can get hints on how to solve a question, browse questions asked for that specific task, and see how it was answered. You can also ask questions to our student community where instructors as well as your peers taking the same course as you can help answers your questions. You should never have to worry about being stuck on a problem as there are many avenues to get help, and at the end, you have an approved solution to study and understand, which will help you tackle the next set of problems.
- We issue certificates for every course offered on Betterchalk after you have met all the requirements for the course. You can add it to your LinkedIn profile, and show it to prospective employers. Every certificate can be authenticated by going to betterchalk.com/verify/
- We update our courses regularly to make sure we are teaching the most up-to-date concepts, techniques, and content. Course updates are available instantly to all who have access. There are no different course versions... just one constantly updated course.
- No, once you have completed a course, it will always be completed for you, even though new content is being added that you have not taken yet. You will be able to take those additional or updated course content if you like, but the addition of new content would not unmark a course as completed for you.
- Feel free to reach out directly to [email protected] We're here to help!
Ready to get started?
Browse the courses in our catalog, and get started right away.